Friday, June 13, 2008

Potato Salad

I originally tasted this recipe when my friend Brooke made it for a dinner party we both attended. She said it was just a Betty Crocker recipe, and sure enough, I found it on her website. I make it slightly different than Brooke but not different enough to call it my own. Either way, this is my favorite potato salad recipe I have tried!

What you will need:

6 medium round red potatoes, cooked and cubed
1 1/2 cups mayo
1 tlbs. vinegar
1 tlbs. mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
1 med. onion (about 1/2 cup) chopped
1 cup chopped celery
papricka sprinkled on top

What you do:

Chop celery, onion and dill pickles while the potatoes and eggs cook. While potatoes and eggs cool, mix all other ingredients except papricka in a medium bowl. Stir in gently the potatoes and eggs. Sprinkle papricka on top.

This is especially good served while the potatoes are still slightly warm.

No comments: