Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chocolate Bundt Cake



This is one of the most moist, gooey chocolate cakes I have ever had. I can't begin to tell you how yummy it is. I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs My Kitchen Cafe and instantly had to try it. I am sorry the picture isn't the greatest. Maybe someday I will buy one of those fancy cake dishes, but until then I just use a Tupperware bowl and put the cake on the lid and the bowl over the top to keep it from drying out. That is the lovely green bottom you see in the picture. I know I will be making this cake again so, I will try to get a more fabulous picture up soon. Until then, make this recipe for yourself and see how happy you will be when you are done, and how much more you will weigh... but we won't think about that part now will we?

What you will need:

1 devils food cake mix
1 4-serving instant chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

What you do:

Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Stir down sides. Continue to mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cool 20 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar after completely cooled. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh man, just seeing the post about this cake makes me think I need to make it now...it is seriously one of my favorites. I'm so glad you liked it!

Brandy said...

Melanie,
Liked is an understatement. This cake alone makes me eternally grateful that I found your blog.