Thursday, February 21, 2008

Funeral Potatoes

I am posting this recipe because every year at christmas time either my sister or my mom calls and asks me for it.

All ingredients are aproximate... I go by looks.

1-2 bags frozen hash brown potatoes
2-4 cans cream of chicken soup (coat hashbrowns thoroughly)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (again, aproximate, enough to evenly go through hasbrown mixture)
1 med container sour cream (I don't use as much sour cream as most people. You may not need it all unless you are using 4 full cans of soup)
1 onion, chopped (saute before hand to make sure it cooks all the way through or just use onion powder to taste)

Salt and Pepper to taste.

Optional toppings: Cheddar cheese, corn flakes, rice chex, crackers or none at all. I think I have tried all at different times.

I know this has no butter. I find that it tastes just as good with out the butter and really cuts down on the fat.

Cook in a 9x13 baking dish at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until hasbrown are cooked through.

No comments: