Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pesto Pasta

I got this recipe from my friend Marcy a long time ago. I have changed it up quite a bit, including the name, but I still think of it as her recipe.

What you will need:

2 tlbs dried basil
1 cup mayo
4 tlbs grated parmesian cheese
2 tlbs lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper

Blend above ingredients in a blender. Start a large stockpot of water to bring to boiling.

2-4 carrots, cut in pieces
1 med onion, chopped
1 med yellow squash, cut in half moons
1 jar of artichoke hearts in water, drained and cut in small pieces

Saute veggies until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.

You will also need:

3-4 chicken breasts
1 box linguini

Add 3-4 chicken breasts to pan and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan and cut into bite sized pieces. When water is boiling, add one box of linguini. When linguini is tender, drain and add pasta back to stockpot. Add veggies and chicken to pasta. Add sauce from blender to the pasta. Mix together well.

*I serve this with yogurt salad since my protien and veggies are already in this dish. It adds variety and fruit. I also serve with french bread.

No comments: